Top Ten Space Organizers Ideal for Small Kitchens and Bathrooms
By Annamarya Scaccia
If you are like the influx of people moving into tiny apartments and need more thrifty living, maintaining a small kitchen or navigating the bathroom’s tight layout can be hard.
The lack of space in small kitchens, kitchenettes, and bathrooms can make it difficult for you to organize all your pantry items, kitchenware or toiletries neatly. Before you know it, your cleaners are in the same cupboard as your cereals, and your first-aid products are lying on top of your toilet paper. Not only can that be insanitary, it also becomes annoying and a downright hassle.
That problem can be solved easily with a little bit of imagination, restructuring and a bevy of storage units. Using organizers can help capitalize on space—especially if you’re living in an efficiency apartment—giving you more room to store items in their proper places and, essentially, more room to move around. So if you are ready to embark on reordering your kitchen or bathroom, look over the Top 10 List below for some ideas.
For Your Kitchen:
- Spice Stack: The three-tier Spice Stack by YouCopia not only maximizes space, it makes organizing your spices a color-coded snap. The rack, which fits up to 18 to 60 spices depending on model, has an easy-to-operate design that allows it to fit in all cabinets, and each tier has a pull-out drawer that flips down on hinges for viewing at a glance. So when you are making your grandma’s famous ragout, you can find the parsley with no problem.
- Slim Slide Out Pantry: ShelfGenie can help you with much needed storage space in your kitchen, bathroom or other creative space. A pantry that can be custom-made into an already existing space you may not be utilizing well and since it’s custom-made, the slide out shelving can be placed just about anywhere and you won’t have to do the work yourself.
- Six-Tier Kitchen Wall Rack: If the amount of cabinet and drawer space you have in your kitchen is minimal, then the Six-Tier Kitchen Wall Rack is just the thing you need. The strong steel wire frame of this slim wall organizer, which stands approximately four feet high, allows it to occupy a variety of items, like cookbooks, food items, collectibles and even potted plants, in each of the six inch square compartments. Hang it on any available wall in the kitchen for easy access to products.
- Expandable Silverware Utensil Tray: If you have a lot of utensils but not a neat way to store them, then consider buying the Expandable Silverware Utensil Tray. This utensil holder can fit in almost any drawer, and hold almost any size silverware, flatware or cutlery. With this tray, you can store your spatulas and forks in the place and keep your drawers tidy and clutter-free.
- Under Shelf Wrap Rack: Compact and petite, the Under Shelf Wrap Rack is perfect for storing aluminum wrap, plastic wrap, wax paper rolls, freeze bags, sandwich bags and other food storages items in one easy-to-reach place. Made of metal coated wire, this organizer can wrap around any shelf of any cupboard, pantry or cabinet.
For Your Bathroom:
- Under Sink Organizers: Think about how the space beneath your sink is used. If you’re like most people, it’s a cluttered jumble of cleaning products that are difficult to reach. Why not maximize that space and use it to store hair products, soaps, toilet paper and other necessities? These easy-to-install, expandable shelves can fit any space and create a well-organized storage solution. Whether you’re organizing cleaners or toiletries, this two-tier organizer can expand from 1.5 feet to 2.5 feet in width, and each shelf’s five removable panels can move to let pipes through without disturbance.
- Over Toilet Organizer: An over toilet table is a seamless and stylish component that holds various items in a neat and convenient fashion. This practical, well-designed piece sits fittingly above the toilet tank. This organizer can enhance the décor in your bathroom and create valuable surface space to store lotions, soaps and other essentials.
- Side Tank Four Roll Holder: If you have a smaller bathroom with no room to conveniently store toilet paper, then a side tank toilet paper roll holder is your best storage bet. This steel holder maximizes space while keeping your toilet paper within reach. It’s a modest unit that not only dispenses one roll at a time, it also keeps extra rolls dry and out of the way.
- Towel Racks: While most bathrooms come with a towel rack in place, it’s sometimes not enough to hold towels for more than two people. That’s why a curved towel rack with an additional shelf is perfect for couples or families storing multiple towels in one bathroom. This polished unit comes with a strong, tubular chrome metal shelf, and a curved chrome metal frame with two sturdy towel bars.
- Shower Organizer: An expandable four-tier tension shower organizer fits neatly in any shower, stall or tub. With an easy set-up (it’s only takes a matter of seconds), it create lots of space for storing and arranging your entire shower and bathroom needs. You can adjust the spring loaded rod between five and 12 feet.
Just picking out the right company or set of organizers can make a world of difference when maximizing your space, so don’t be afraid to shop around and find the perfect fit for your storage needs. With the right products, and the right approach, you can transform your apartment into a well-organized, tranquil space. When you consider just how much time you spend in this little room, you’ll realize what a worthy investment organizers can be.
Bottom photo courtesy ShelfGeniePublished on Prince George’s Suite – Friday, June 1, 2012